Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Fourth Stop : St.Wolstans Community Schools

My journey brought me back home again , but not for long! Here, at school, my own music interests were educated! Though we are all influences by the big cities and lights of America and the likes, I found inspiration right at home ! Here I discovered all about the jembe, STOMP and other types of music as explained on my map!


The population of Celbridge is 17,262 and the 3rd largest town in Kildare. We know it is a dormant town , where most people commute to and from work in Dublin! It is a town that has grown in recent years. With the development of good access roads to Dublin (for example the Celbridge interchange; Junction 2a of the M4). The opening of schools and industries such has Intel were a pull factor to many people and as a result there has been a large increase in the residential aspect to Celbridge's growth.


Here in room the music room at aprox. 1.50pm I saw the video of STOMP ! At the time we were having a music workshop with David. He was showing us how STOMP expresses and performs rhythms.
At this workshop ,it was the first time I had seen a Jembe. And when we started playing I instantly loved it! I always had an interest in the drums but I always found them way too noisey and very bulky. So for hours I was happy banging along on the jembe and I truly loved the session.

My next journey then led to me to Mali!

No comments:

Post a Comment